Old August 2nd 10, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stu Fields

Default Anyone know anything about Oshkosh?, I've heard it's a muddy quagmire from all the rain

"rich" wrote in message

Yep Muddy. We were requested not to check into the private campground south
of the Ultra light runway until Tues. Even then there was some towing and
pulling stuck RVs.
Also we watched the crash of Roush's (sp) jet exec aircraft. We saw what we
at first thought it was part of the show. The plane was very low, slow and
at an exreme bank angle. I expected it to roll level and fly away. Nope.
Dug a wing in and slammed hard into the grass not too far from some other
aircraft. The ship ended up facing back from which it came with the engines
still running. After a short time the engines were shut off and I could see
a person moving in the cockpit area. Subsequent stories said it was the
owner and his secretary and they experienced minor injuries. The loud thump
when they hit could generate some lower back issues.
Left thursday and didn't get to experience the "World's Loudest Airplane".