Old December 8th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default A viable technique : Plywood bonding to Aluminum fuselage structure ??

"Candice" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi guys,
Thanks for all the comments. I should of explained the plywood
angle first off. I'm just trying to engineer a viable option of
building a full scale Siemens Schukert D4 which had a plywood fuselage.
The plywood in this case would just be for skinning and not for
strength, although I would think it would act as a stiffener on the
overall fuselage.

fwiw, If you really want to hang plywood, I would think that the good old
fashioned plywood box with stringers would be less work and provide a more
"efficient" structure than aluminumn tubes with plywood attached for effect.
Glue it up and you are good to go.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com