Old December 27th 11, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default LK8000 Portrait mode in PC sim mode

To each their own, but for me landscape mode makes less sense than the
new menu system in Word 2007, ie, none. As Kirk said, the map should
show me where I'm going, not stuff off to the sides. IMO, soaring XC
isn't a sightseeing trip, it's an effort to get somewhere. My $0.02,
YMMV of course.

I'd like to thank Paolo for all of his efforts for bringing the
soaring community LK8000. Well done! I'm looking forward to
investigating version 3 in Jan 2012.

-John