Old April 21st 04, 11:43 AM
Bill

I think it depends on your system CPU and power supply. These cards require
external power supply connections and I think a minimum of 350W or more. So
if you have less than that and do not like messing with upgrading your PSU
then dont bother. Think of the ATI9600XT which is a vg card. I installed it
, no extra power required and it improved everything. Modest frame rate
improvement but tremendous eye candy improvement. Better water/ocean effects
etc etc. It was worth every penny. I had a geforce 2 MX400 before so it was
a great leap.

On the CPU if you are not at or near the top then going with the very
expensive cards will not help performance much. Its like putting a rolls
royce engine in a VW (no offense meant to VW owners its a great car) :-)

my 2 cents

Bill
"Jim Chambers" wrote in message
HI pilots, Is it worth getting the expensive new boards like the Radeon
9800 or gforce FX 5900 ie. is there sufficient detail in FS 2004 to show
off these boards?.......Comments welcome......Jim. N. London