Old June 25th 18, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Libelle

Mr. Quebec and Mike thank you. I had looked at both those pages. I had considered the Damaged Libelle I found a good candidate for the Schumman Mods being that extensive repairs would be needed anyhow and why not add those mods while I was at it. I would find it hard to modify a classic glass ship like the Libelle. I would want to keep it factory and do a restoration but not major external modifications. The Schumann mods the primary being the wing would be a moot point on the 201 as they have the Wortmann was it wing already correct? In respect to the turbulence Schumann claimed as being the entire undersurface of the wing perhaps a turbulator tape applied in the right place on the under surface would provide a better flow. Maybe the same tapes could be applied to the nose section with improved results for higher speed flight. I'm not concerned with owning a Libelle to fly fast in competition, I'd be happy with having such a beautiful ship to fly and accept it for what it is, limitations on speed being what they are. What I'm understanding is the 301s spoilers were half as effective as the 201s yet it had flaps which compensate and bring it to a similar ability as the 201 or allow slightly better landing performance? The 201 had a higher performance airfoil standard? Anything else I'm missing?