Old February 28th 05, 03:00 AM

Just remember to apply SC3 1.2.11:

"Each time a LEG crosses a CYLINDER OZ boundary, 0.5 kilometres shall
be
subtracted from the length of that LEG. This correction does not apply
where
FLIGHT RECORDER fixes are used as WAY POINTS in free distance record
performances."

Or else you'll be unhappy...

This is for Flight Recorders only. (Also, there is a push by SSA to use
the term Flight Recorder, FR, instead of logger.)

Cu Skies,
Steve
CA Record Keeper

Stewart Kissel wrote:
Rereading my October Soaring...if I understand the
wording correctly...no more meandering around after
flying into a cylinder trying to guess where the OZ
is...for those not flying with PDA's that show the
pie-cut OZ.

Speaking from experience...this should be a big help
for those flying with loggers!