Old November 12th 05, 02:11 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

Default TIS and What could have been

"Mark T. Dame" wrote in message

No, I'm not.

Then your response didn't make sense.

I'm simply pointing out that I also have been right over DAY
without being assigned an altitude. While it may be "typical" to assign
an altitude in such a case, it is by no means unusual not to be (or, as
you stated "pretty odd"). I was merely pointing out that I have been in
the same situation as the OP: over DAY without having been assigned an
altitude.

If it is typical to assign an altitude in these cases, it is unusual not to
be.

Which, while may normally result in an assigned altitude for VFR traffic,
doesn't have to.

Correct.

Be that as it may, it is not unusual (nor "odd") to not be assigned an
altitude when over flying the airport associated with a class C airspace.

Actually it is, and you're contradicting yourself.