Old January 29th 09, 10:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

Default Australia.....

"Canuck" wrote in message

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message

snip
Luckily, I was watching a third network, which was all cricket - now
there's
a man's game, no overpaid Frenchmen or Spaniards there. In case you're
wondering, Australia - after being the world's number one cricketing nation
for the last 15 years, humiliating all in our path - we're now getting our
hats handed to us firstly by India and currently by South Africa.
Had to happen of course, its not healthy for any country to dominate a
sport
by so much for that long.

What can you do? Outsourcing/globalization at work! I don't know if there
is an organized cricket league in Canada or for that matter even a
disorganized league! It seems like an interesting game but I have no idea
what the rules are or how the scoring works. Occasionally, BBC World will
have some coverage but since I'm unfamiliar with the game, I'm not really
sure how things work.

In Canada, cricket is an immigrant's game. I think Ontario has leagues with
clubs largely made up of the folks from South Asia and the Caribbean
(http://www.ottawacricketclub.ca/memb...ember=Current). In Ottawa, the
"flannel fools" have a cricket pitch and pavilion on the grounds of Rideau
Hall (http://www.gg.ca/visitus/ovcc_e.asp). As sports clubs, they are among
the oldest in Canada.
--
Andrew Chaplin