Old July 13th 04, 11:46 PM
jls

"Marco Rispoli" wrote in message
t...
"NewsGroups" wrote in message
Buy the Jabiru if you want to carry tools rather than a passenger....
Lets start with adjusting the valves every 25 hours and maybe retension
the heads every 10, then add all the failures, both electrical and
mechanical add the total lack of support and silly answers like... never
heard of that before, your the first one etc etc Get the Drift.

Michael Coates X-Air Australia

Hum ... ok. So I guess the Jab stinks. Do you have any experience with the
Rotax?

I am assuming that you don't have the Jabiru ... can I ask what are you
running?

Thank you for your feedback!

--
Marco Rispoli - NJ, USA / PP-ASEL
My on-line aviation community - http://www.thepilotlounge.com

I know nothing of the Jabiru except from hearing and reading about it, which
causes me to avoid it as a choice for anything I might build.

As for the Rotax 912, 912S 100HP, and 914, I have heard both good and bad,
mostly good. However, recently I spoke with a friend who was a CFII on an
airport with a 912 in a Diamond Katana used on that airport for instruction.
He condemned the engine, said it (and a few others at other nearby airports)
were often in the shop for repairs, and says he's sure that's the big
reason -- service dependability problems -- why Diamond dropped the 912 as
a powerplant and went to Continental and Lycoming.