Old December 7th 03, 12:48 AM
Peter Duniho

"Jeffrey Voight" wrote in message
I don't know if this is what you're experiencing in the FS, but I'd
check the GPS ground speed before filing a bug report to M$.

Your guess as to what the person posting as "R" is complaining about is
probably right on the money.

For the non-pilot crowd, often the best solution is simply to change the
setting so that true airspeed is displayed rather than indicated. The
option is under the Realism settings. They usually want to see a specific
number on the airspeed indicator, and don't care about the difference
between true and indicated.

Of course, if they are displaying true, they need to remember that the stall
speed will be higher at higher altitudes. They should not be surprised if
one cannot slow down very much from max cruise before stalling, when flying
at 50000 feet (for example).

Pete