Old April 13th 05, 07:19 AM
SAC

Yes, that happens. In fact, we just had a top overhaul on the Skylane while
waiting for the engine mount to be repaired on the Lance. Members seem to
understand. We do keep all of our annuals in the winter to help limit prime
season down time.

In looking at our scheduling system (MyFBO), there are actually 20% of our
member that haven't flown in six months, some much longer. That really
helps too.

SAC

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "Montblack"
said:
If one plane is gone for a week and another is down for a few days (or
more)
then you'd have 69 members on 2 planes. Hmm.

It probably all works out just fine in the real world, but from the
outside
looking in - it appears like you don't have enough planes for all of those
members.

We have serious squabbles about availability every time we get up near to
60 members with 5 planes. 50 members for 5 planes works out better. Our
bylaws cap our membership at 15 members per plane, but I'd hate to see
that.

Back before we got ScheduleMaster, though, it was easier to sustain a
higher ratio because the members could see that Joe Blogs had booked the
Lance for every single Thursday to Saturday for the entire spring, summer
and fall season, and Fred Biggs has booked the Dakota in one block from
July 1st to July 31st, even though the plane is sitting on the field
unused for 90% of that time. With ScheduleMaster, everybody sees it and
starts howling for Joe's and Fred's blood. So we've had to institute a
few rules about how many schedules you can have in the system, and how
long you can book a plane for at a time. If you book a plane for an
extended period and don't cancel the booking and don't use it, *then* we
apply minimum per-day charges.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Using vi is kind of like having sex. The first time to use it, it's kind