Old September 20th 07, 08:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stefan

Default Head wind takeoff into rising hills, or crosswind takeoff toopen space ??

wrote:
I am acutely aware of such, which is why I don't want to use 19.
The folks who tow gliders were all on 19, and they went out just fine.
Guess the gliders behind did not want the cross wind.

Crosswind isn't a big issue for glider towing, nor is turbulence, tow
and glider pilots are pretty used to that, especially if they operate
near mountains. I rather guess that they know their local wind systems
pretty well and just fly where they climb best. Besides, towing
operations tend to be noisy, so they usually also tend to choose a route
which doesn't upset their neighbours too much.