Old February 22nd 16, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

On Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 4:44:02 PM UTC-5, Peter Whitehead wrote:
On Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:44:11 PM UTC+1, Pat McCartan wrote:
Our club owns an I.C.A.-BRASOV IS-28B2 Twin Lark which is grounded because it has exceeded its 35 year factory maintenance program service life. About a year ago the current type certificate holder, S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A., announced it intended to submit a Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) to EASA - with follow-on submission to the FAA. We are no longer able to reach S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A. by phone - and they do not respond to emails. Can anyone shed any light on the status of the SLEP or offer any contact information for S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A.? We enjoy this ship and would like to return it to service.

Hi, my name is Pete Whitehead. I own an IS29D and also two IS-28B2's ( Twin Larks) in the UK.
MY friend has just received his Service Bulletin for his IS-29D, glider serial no. specific, from the Type Cert. Holders S.C. Constructii etc. He had to pay 1150 Euro for this bit of paper, but he will be flying again soon. I have been in touch, paid my 1150 Euro , and should receive the S.B for my own IS-29D in the next 7 days. The life extension is indefinite, subject to the inspection programme etc.
We have contacts with the Type Cert. Holder. I shall be next pursuing the provision of S.B's for my two IS-28B2's.

I am willing to negotiate ( on a voluntary basis) the S.B's for all IS-28B2 owners, provided you give me the info. re Type, Serial No., Date of manufacture, and also the number and date on your Service/maintenance manual for the glider. Clearly the Type Cert Holders are going to demand money per glider but we can see what we can do. Our contact is English speaking and now answers emails quickly, so there is some hope in the situation now.

Pete Whitehead .

Hello Pete, I am involved with a Canadian registered IS29D2 that is at the end of the service life. I would appreciate any assistance you can provide in order that we have something to present to Transport Canada that might allow a permanent resolve to the Canadian airworthiness Directive. Thanks in advance, mike