Old June 5th 21, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Tow plane ideas

On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 4:35:00 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 6:35:29 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Not so noisy if the pilot would only reduce propeller RPM after
achieving a safe climb. I was the only tuggie at Moriarty who did
that. The others make ear shattering noise as they over fly the
hangars. They still have full propeller RPM after release. Some people
never learn...

Dan
5J
On 6/3/21 2:19 PM, Roy B. wrote:
No perfect tow ship, all have pros and cons.

Probably also good to consider noise issues if sensitive neighbors are a concern. All of the CS props are noisy as heck -
especially the 260 hp Pawnee and the Callair when either has a CS prop.
Roy

Just remember, Duct Tape is not a fix for stupidity! Had a guy here at my strip that had a Cessna 185 with a constant speed prop. Every time that idiot took off he rattled the windows, he never learned, finally moved away. There is a perfect tow ship, one that you don't own and can get a tow whenever you want.

What about the Pipistrel Virus?
https://www.pipistrel-aircraft.com/a...-121/#tab-id-3
Tom