Old May 10th 04, 01:05 AM
Matt Whiting

tony roberts wrote:

Hi
Today I was flying north and my ADF was tuned to an NDB.
The needle pointed at 330 degrees (or 11 O'clock) until I reached the
NDB, and then it swung until it pointed behind.
I dialed up the next NDB and it pointed at 330 again until passage.
And I dialed up another NDB - same indication - all of them wrong.
On the return trip - same indications.
It seems logical that the nav, ADF head and antenna are working because
I get a reading on station passage, but other than that, if I am tuned
to an NDB anywhere ahead of the aircraft the needle points at 11
O'clock.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Tony

Did you have any portable electronic devices with you that you haven't
carried before? If so, could be interference. If not, then it sounds
like your ADF is going bad.

Matt