Old July 16th 03, 10:42 PM
Tim Witt

Were you involved in procurement of the T-3A?
Big John

No, but I am active duty Air Force and I have always had issues with
General McPeak's rationale for buying the T-3A. I used to see them
parked at Hondo for months/years while the USAF decided what to do
with them. It always seemed to me a colossal waste. Millions of
dollars spent for no good reason and no one ever held to account for
ramrodding this aquisition through. I never did hear what decision was
made but I would be very surprised if they got sold to the civilian
sector as anything but cut-up fuselages and engine parts for a return
of pennies on the dollar to the taxpayer.

Tim Witt