Old July 24th 03, 01:16 AM
John Galban

"Jim Vadek" wrote in message .net...

Nope. Don't get me wrong... I am certainly not saying that 16.5 is too
short... it is just that my owner experience is around 25 hours with some
preventative maintenance items thrown in if nothing else comes up during the
inspection.

Are you flying something simple like a 172 or Cherokee? If so, I'd
say 25 hrs is excessive. Particularly if the same shop does it over
and over. Most shops I know can finish an inspection on those in
12-14 hrs. If it's the 1st time they've ever seen the plane, you may
have to add a few hrs. for logbook work.

My shop charges a flat fee for inspection, oil change and bearing
repack on a simple 172 or PA-28. It breaks down to 12 hrs. labor +
oil and filter cost. I've never had an inspection that was more than
14 hrs.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)