Old December 6th 03, 02:06 PM
Thomas Borchert

Rd,

Just need to see highways and cities
etc. I'm not very worried about airspace as there isn't much around my local
airport and the charts do a good enough job.

Well, I have to ask: why do you want one, then? GPS is great for airspace
awareness, it is better than charts for that. But if you don't fell a need
there, why not spend the money on flying?

If you are using a PocketPC anyway, the PDA solutions might be best. If not,
I'd look at the Lowrance Airmap 500 and the Garmin III Pilot for entry-level
units. Many people think the Airmap 500 offers a better value.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)