Old September 15th 03, 11:55 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message

snip
Now, all that being said, I've got a good friend flogging heavies for
American Airlines who recently transitioned to 777s. I asked him about
what you do with a fully loaded crowd-killer that losses one of those
behemoth engines on the wing right at Vmc or shortly after lift-off.
His answer was that it's all computer controlled. Engine is pushed up,
engine is shut down, rudder is input, controls respond as required to
provide neutral control impressions to the driver. Neat stuff. Takes a
lot of the thrill out of the business.

The 777 flight control computer provides "normal airplane" feel at all
times. Even though the control surfaces are not of a type that would provie
a push back on the yoke on approach, the pilot experiances the same feel as
if the airplane were "normal".