Old August 31st 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Reno Newspaper Defends Reporting on Glider Accident

Bob Kuykendall wrote:
Earlier, wrote:

Mal wrote:

The greatest weapon USA military ever released to the world the Internet.

Why don't you keep your anti-American comments to yourself?...

I dunno; I happen to agree with Mal that the ARPA/DARPA Internet _is_
one of the greatest weapons the US Military ever released. And, I don't
particulary see anything un-American about that statement.

As a weapon for freedom of thought and expression, as a weapon against
misinformation and disinformation, the Internet is unparalleled, and on
occasion its military creators probably regret the hell out of letting
everyone in the world get their hands on it. As John Gilmore wrote,
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it."

Bob K.

Bob,

With all do respect: internet was not invented by the US military. Not
even close. Internet was developed by Englishman named Tim Berners-Lee,
who I believe lives in London. He was even knighted by the Queen so, he
is Sir Tim Berners-Lee. But this guy Mal is insinuating that the US
military "released" the internet and if you buy to his story I don't
know what to think of it. He is using every time he can, something
against us. Every time. Don't take my word for it. Just look at his
you can read his uneducated, arrogant postings referring in derogatory
terms to the US. So, in conclusion his referral to the US military as
to " The greatest weapon USA military ever released to the world the
Internet." is aimed that us again and it is a cheap shot.

Sincerely,

Jacek