Old December 24th 03, 03:32 AM
Newps

Mike Beede wrote:

However, I read somewhere that the controller must specifically mention
if they intend to vector you across the localizer. I conclude this is either
incorrect or widely ignored, because the times I've been vectored through
the localizer, no one said anything. I haven't noticed a lot of radio traffic,
either, but they might be talking on another frequency....

Can one of our ATC folks comment on my ill-remembered "fact?"

Controllers are required to tell you when you are going to be vectored
across the localizer. If they don't you are required to ask.