Old December 15th 18, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Air glide Vario family versus S100 LXNAV - Comments on Winds andPerformance?

wrote on 12/15/2018 2:54 PM:
As others mentioned, the wind calculation from Air Glide is in a class of its own and gives interesting insighta. The vario is on par with for example ClearNav-Vario. I am very happy with this instrument.

Critical factors for ISU installation are the absence of magnetic compass and speakers within 50cm. If you plan to install the ISU somewhere in the instrument panel, you will have to remove the magnetic compass and put the speakers near the headrest. Usually, a place right under the instrument cover works well. Use non magnetic screws/nuts for fixation, do not fix any cables to the ISU and align carefully as instructed in the manual.

I mounted the Air Glide speaker (the one that comes with the vario) in the
left-inside of the panel of my ASH 26 E. The vario, winds, compass, etc all work
correctly, so perhaps the speaker is well shielded, or the vario can tolerate a
speaker. The ISU is mounted as far forward as I could fit it in, and nearly
centered. My magnetic compass is small and mounted centered on the glare, as far
back as possible.