Old January 21st 05, 05:15 PM
Bruce A. Frank

Hmmm, I don't see a follow up as to precisely was wrong with the Lows tool.
Three years ago I bought a similar inexpensive ($23.00) at Home Depot. Before
using it I measured the die ring to see how it compared to the bolt together
tool I bought from Aircraft Spruce several years before. The jaws required some
minor adjustment of the jaw fit and stops to bring it to exactly the same as
the other tool (also found a page on the web that gave me the proper
dimensions). I check every crimp with the go/no go gauge. Some 200 swages so
far with no change required. And this unit doesn't have any brand name on it.

"Gary T. Ciampa" wrote:

BTW: As it turns out, the tools from Lowes was NOT, I repeat, NOT
sufficient for the nicopress compression sleeves.

Sorry about the false advertising! I ended up ordering an aviation
approved tool.

Regards,

Gary

--
Bruce A. Frank, Editor "Ford 3.8/4.2L Engine and V-6 STOL
Homebuilt Aircraft Newsletter"