Old March 9th 05, 02:12 PM
Jim Burns

Either he doesn't want to sell or he got a higher offer since you made
yours. This guy just doesn't sound straight up. Along those crooked lines,
a quick story about our search...

I found an Aztec that sounded perfect for us. It was in Central Texas but
being sold by the Bank of Boston, in NY. Called the number for the seller,
he could barely speak English and was not interested in talking to me. So I
looked up the N number and called the registered owner in Texas. He was "in
the shower" for 3 days, but his wife was rather pleasant. I did a net
search for other family members and discovered his son was also a pilot, and
in the same town. Called his son and he wouldn't talk about the plane, he
just referred me to the Bank. So I'm thinking it was repossessed and these
guys are broke and ****ed off at the bank.

I dug further and found out that the son and father owned a bank themselves
in Texas. I did a search on their bank and discovered that they as well as
their wives had just been banned by the Feds from working at any bank due to
misappropriation of bank funds. Seems they were using bank money to go on
vacations allll over the country, then not paying the bank back!

What appeared to be a great plane at a fair price quickly turned into a soap
opera that we ran, not walked, away from.

Jim