Old September 1st 18, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Js3 jet catastrophic failure.

On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 22:34:10 +0000, Paul T wrote:

At 20:54 31 August 2018, kinsell wrote:
On 08/31/2018 02:49 PM, wrote:
Better to smell neither fuel or smoke. Engines suck.

Except when you're sitting on the ground on a great soaring day and not
a towplane or towpilot in sight. Then they seem wonderful.

Get out the bungy cords!!!!

....or join the winch queue. At my club we've hit 20 launches an hour from
a two-drum winch.

Admittedly that needs a dedicated team (winch driver, cable truck driver,
launch marshal and one or two guys on golf buggies to move gliders on the
ground, but its not difficult to manage 10 launches an hour with a much
smaller team. All that needs is dedicated winch driver and launch marshal
plus help from one or two of the pilots waiting for a launch.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org