Old September 20th 18, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Soaring in or around Maidenhead UK

On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 9:01:12 AM UTC-7, John Huthmaker wrote:
I am heading to England this afternoon for work. I'll be staying in Maidenhead for about a week. If I have any free time, it would be awesome to get in the air. Can anyone recommend a place I could get some glider time in that would be relatively nearby?

You're probably already transatlantic.
Maidenhead is very close to Heathrow, so you'll be having lunch in one of the pubs along the river toute-suite.
I've flown at Booker and Dunstable, with just a call in advance. Yet to visit Lasham, which Val Phillips insists needs to be remedied.
Went XC out of Booker, in a Pegase and before moving maps. The airspace floor was pretty varied.
The ASK21 off Dunstable's winch was fun too.
Have fun!
Jim