Old June 22nd 04, 06:12 AM
Marty Shapiro

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in
:

Marty Shapiro wrote:

Size of the company is not always the answer.

True. My former employer allowed people to fly private aircraft on
business. They simply wouldn't reimburse you for doing so. Insurance
was not a factor. I was told that this was the result of an early
executive attempting to obtain compensation for his entire loaded cost
(hangar rent, maintenance, etc.). The year before I left, the company
employed over 8,000 people.

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.

If my memory isn't too faulty, at the time IBM reimbursed the higher of a)
automobile mileage OR b) unrestricted coach air fare. They also reimbursed
tie down & landing fees.

Marty

--
Marty Shapiro