Old November 11th 04, 05:59 PM
Jim Burns

The gross weight should be in the identification and specs section or page
of the Flight Manual that is specific to your airplane. It should have the
serial number of your plane on this page. It should also be listed in your
W&B section and may be indicated in the charts as an upper weight limit
line. Double check that the charts match the gross weight listed in the
specs. On ours, there is also an AD that gives us a "Zero Fuel" weight
lower than gross, I believe it's 4400 lbs meaning that with empty tanks we
can only load it to 4400 lbs, then the rest has to be fuel up to 5200.

Jim

"Louis L. Perley III" wrote in message
"Jim Burns" wrote in message
Thanks, I'm going to check the service manual for ours tonight to see if

it
mentions retreads. I ended up with Michelin tires, and like yours, the

8
plys were rated to 2550. My earlier post stating 2250 was slightly
dyslexic.

Jim

Any idea how to determine what the Gross Weight on the aircraft is? I
know that Piper made 4400, 4800, and 5200 pound models, and they aren't in
any specific serial number ranges as far as I can tell. It would appear

that
it depended on what was ordered at the time, and I've not seen any list of
what the various differences were so that I could make some sort of
determination that way. I've been searching, but have not yet been able to
determine anywhere what the gross weight is on my airframe.

--
Louis L. Perley III
N46000 - C152

---