Old May 18th 09, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Berry[_2_]

Default Success of the first U.S. Club Class contest!

I just wanted to publicly express my appreciation to all those involved
in making the recent 1st U.S. Club Class race a success. Sam Giltner
deserves immense thanks for driving the club class issue and
establishing this first race. SSA deserves thanks as well for
sanctioning the race and meeting with the contestants to see what the
club class is all about. Special thanks to Ken Sorenson and John
Cochrane for giving us your time and attention.

Thanks to MGSA and all the organizers, including Pat and Hartley
Falbaum, for finding a place for Club Class while also putting on the
15M Nationals.

It was a real privilege to fly with all who showed up to race. The
narrow range of glider performance insured that this was real
competitive racing too and all the more fun because of it. The sense of
comraderie seemed heightened as well since we were all flying ships of
similar performance. It was great to have Andy McQuigg in the air,
racing again (as opposed to flogging us as CD). Huge congratulations to
the winner: Ryszard Krolikowski. It is especially fitting that Ryszard
won in a Jantar Standard since that is a quintessential club class ship
(nominal handicap of 1.00).

We need to do this again REAL SOON!

WB