Old January 17th 04, 12:33 AM
John R Weiss

"Phil Miller" wrote...

Yes really, on every jet engine TIT is Total Inlet Temperature.

Yep.

I ask because I came across an interesting paragraph in the T56-A-15
service manual yesterday. Went like this...

...measures the turbine inlet temperature by means of
thermocouples...Eighteen thermocouple assemblies are mounted in the
turbine inlet casing of each engine...One thermocouple of each assembly
is connected to the turbine inlet temperature indicating system,
and...one...is connected to the electronic datum control system. The 18
indicating system thermocouples are connected in parallel [!!] by the
indicator turbine thermocouple harness assembly,

I'm surprised you ever doubted the truth on this one!

So, let's revise.

That's going a bit too far... Nobody can revise the Tarver Chronicles! :-)