Old March 8th 07, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default Lowrance 2000C ???

I just looked at one of these jewels yesterday and I am impressed. Is anyone
using one?

We love the 2000c. In fact, we use it as our primary navigation
system in Atlas, with it mounted on the pilot's side of the plane,
while the (much more expensive) Garmin 496 is panel docked and usually
relegated to "entertainment system" with the XM radio screen primarily
displayed.

(Until the weather goes icky, and then the 496's live weather
capability comes to the fore...)

The 2000c is simply a superior GPS. It's got a bigger screen, easy-to-
use menu system, and did I mention it's got a bigger screen? Size is
everything with a GPS, and it also displays flight information in
"portrait" mode, which the Garmin stupidly cannot do.

You'll love it. It's the best bang for the buck out there.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA