Old April 12th 05, 06:55 AM
Morgans

"Richard Riley" wrote

2) The fan drove me nuts for a long time. Finally I found a bilge fan
from a boating supply store http://www.boatersland.com/rul140.html
that's 12 volt, lightweight, and has plenty of volume. Don't bother
with cooling fans from computers, they don't blow nearly enough.

It is not a question of "enough." The computer fan is only good at moving
free air, and does **** poor at pushing through any resistance, such as
blowing though the fins of the heat exchanger, and any bends and kinks of
the ducts. The squirrel cage blower is made for pushing pressure; that is
why they are always used in furnaces.

Simply a case of proper application, but you knew that, right? :-)

Good idea using a bilge blower. One h*ll of a lot lighter than an
automotive blower.

I think I missed something. Is this on a flying application, so you can see
if it puts out enough heat, oil heat wise, and volume wise?
--
Jim in NC