Old January 7th 04, 01:22 AM
John Stricker

Don't forget the Mid America Air Museum in Liberal, KS. It has about 100
aircraft in it and on the ramp and is located on the airport at Liberal.
One of Max Conrad's record breaking Comanches is on display there.

John Stricker

"MC" wrote in message
1. Rantoul, Illinois. The Octave Chanute Aerospace Museum You can taxi
right up to this one, and park just a few dozen feet away from an F-14
Tomcat. (Sadly, when we were there last month they had the back door
locked, so we had to walk around to the front of the building. This is

giant hangar, so that was no small feat, with kids in tow...)
See it at: http://www.aeromuseum.org/

2. Topeka, Kansas. Combat Air Museum. Ditto above. Another great

museum
located on the old Forbes Field air base.
See it at http://www.combatairmuseum.org/

3. Greenfield Iowa. Iowa Aviation Museum and Hall of Fame. Small, but

very
good.
See it at http://www.flyingmuseum.com/

4. Ottumwa, Iowa. Airpower Museum and Antique Aircraft Association.

This
is on a small, private, grass strip which is home to the most amazing

annual
fly-in every summer. Call ahead for permission to land.
See it at http://www.aaa-apm.org/ .

5. Oshkosh, WI. EAA Airventure Museum. This one is only "sort of"
accessible by air. When I flew in during the winter in '95, I had to

park
on the opposite side of the airport (miles away) at Basler, and they

drove
us over to the museum.
See it at http://www.airventuremuseum.org/.

Can you add any more to this list?

Kansas City, MO (MKC) Airline History Museum
http://www.airlinehistorymuseum.com/