Old August 20th 05, 07:10 PM
W P Dixon

"john smith" wrote in message
By the way, if you haven't learned it yet, ego will kill you in aviation!

,
I know a few that have not gotten a grasp on that one yet. I guess the
same goes for pilots as it does for mechs! No one knows everything about
airplanes, Nobody! There are plenty of people that think they do on both
sides of that (pilots and mechs) . In 22 years I have sure seen the egos!
And alot of them, could it be that some of our attitudes make people not
continue with their pilot training? My wife came down to the airport with me
one day and MAN she just did not like the , as she put it..."holier than
thou" attitude given off by one of the fellows hanging around the flight
school.
Totally turned her off ! How many students have run into this type of
aviation personality, let's face it guys their are ALOT of them,...and said
what a bunch of jerkwads and never gone back? Does the self proclaimed " God
of the sky" egos play a role in drop outs?

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech