Old March 19th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Mag switch O/H, repair???

After 6 years of Mooney ownership my squawk list is getting pretty
small. One thing that really bothers me is a new mag switch that was
installed 4 years ago (the key switch). Sometimes I can easily start
the plane, sometimes it seems like I have to hunt for the magic key
position that will engage the starter. I find myself moving the key
back and forth trying to engage it. When I hit it, the prop turns
right away.
Short of replacing the switch again, is there a place I can send my
existing switch during annual to have it worked on?

-Robert