Old November 1st 05, 04:04 PM
RST Engineering

Default Boom Mic - Just Mic

"Gary G" wrote in message

I have designed and built a headphone adapter/transformer
for some custom-molded in-ear headphones that offer
excellent noise isolation (passive).

That's the easy part.

So - what I want is a boom mic.
I've actually ordered/purchased a couple off eBay, and find
that they aren't quite working right. (I haven't lost much $, though.)

Can anyone point to a regular ol' boom mic (head band or holder
required)?

That's the hard part. What you don't realize is that between this "regular
ol' boom mic" and the radio (generally inside the earcup of a headset or in
a little box on the headset cord) is an amplifier and matching circuit to
take the relatively low output of the "regular ol' boom mic" and kick it up
to match a carbon mic simulation.

That's the hard part.

Jim