Old July 21st 10, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default Trig 1090ES ADS-B Receiver

Trig has announced its 1090ES ADS-B receiver:
http://www.trig-avionics.com/press100726.html
http://www.trig-avionics.com/ta60.html
It's expected to ship somewhere near the end of 2010, and will cost
about $1800 in the US.

Unfortunately, it's only a receiver. If I read it right, it only will
display traffic information on a portable Garmin 495 or 695, or on
expensive, power hungry displays that won't be suitable for a glider.
To me, this makes the Trig TA60 less attractive for gliders than the
PowerFLARM or the Funkwerk TM250. I hope this impression is wrong, and
that Trig has other glider suitable display options that it will be
supporting.

-John