Old September 6th 04, 03:37 AM
Kevin Brooks

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: Why did Bush join the national guard?
From: "Kevin Brooks"
Date: 9/5/2004 1:18 PM Pacific Standard Time

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message
Thomas J. Paladino Jr. wrote:

And for the record, when a proposal was floated to send F102s to

Vietnam,
Bush put his name in as a volunteer, however the powers that be

decided
not
to use the plane.

For the same record, when he first applied for flying training, he

indicated on
his application that he did NOT desire an overseas assignment.

Duh. He was in a National Guard unit. He could have put a big smiley face

in
the other block and it would have made no difference. His duty assignment
was already set in concrete--he was going to return to his unit, the same
one that sent him to flight school in the first place. You are incapable

of
understanding the differences between ANG and active component

operations,
aren't you?

And he had only
300 flying hours in the F-102 when he volunteered for overseas duty

after
he had
been told that they wouldn't consider anybody with less than 500 hours.

Nope, he first asked about Palace Alert, and was *then* told they were

then
using the 500 hour limit; you have it all basackwards, as usual.

It was
a pretty safe thing to do.....asking for something you knew in advance

they
weren't going to give you.

Wrong again. You have been told this before, so I guess your continued

use
of this tack is just your usual dishonest nature coming through
again...Palace Alert did not maintain a set-in-concrete 500 hour

experience
requirement. The required experience level fluctuated based upon the pool

of
volunteers they then had--which is why later, as the program wound down,

mere junior LT found himself flying Palace Alert duty out of Iceland and
participating in one of the USAF's last F-102 intercepts of a Soviet
aircraft.

That's just for the record, of course.

Then your records are all screwed up.

Brooks

George Z.

We are talking about military flying.

No, you are engaging in your usual political bashing attempt.

A subject in which you have no experience
whatever and therefore no right to comment.

Translation of the above: "I can't address your specific comments, so I'll
try to bluster my way out of the crap pile I again find myself in."

What a sad little demented creature you have turned into in your old age--or
were you always such an idiot?

Brooks

Arthur Kramer