Old September 6th 04, 03:54 AM
ArtKramr

Subject: Why did Bush join the national guard?
From: (Peter Stickney)
Date: 9/5/2004 6:38 PM Pacific Standard Time
In article ,
(ArtKramr) writes:
From: "Steven P. McNicoll"

Date: 9/5/2004 2:47 PM Pacific Standard Time

"Thomas J. Paladino Jr." wrote in message
.. .

And as far as I know, nobody was flying B26's during the Vietnam era.

Well, not Martin B-26s.

And the highest rate of killing its crews.One a day in Tampa Bay. The
widowmaker, The B-dash-Crash.The flying Prostitute, The Flying Coffin.

Got it
now wannabee?

Art, The Army Air Force Statistical Digest disagrees with you. While
the Martin B-26 had the highest accident rate of any _Medium_ Bomber
(Medium being the B-25, B-26, and the Lockheed B-34), it never
approached the accident rate of the A-20, which had roughly twice teh
number lost per 100,000 Flight Hours, and all of the various
Fighter/Pursuit types.

Those aren't subjective impressions - they're hard facts, backed up by
the cold, unfeeling numbers.

But the frigging A-20 was yanked out of service while we flew B-26 in combat
to the bitter end. And of course you never had to fly the B-26 so what the
hell did you care?

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at: