Old June 21st 04, 05:18 PM
Dave

"Vigo" wrote in message ...
Any one have any sales advice on piston twins v.s turbo prop twins. I'm
currently in the process of aquiring a charter buisness that operates 2
navajo aircraft. I've heard some people say that the days of the piston twin
in commercial charter work may be coming to an end.

When the microjets hit the markets in large numbers over the next 5-10
years, the piston twins - especially new ones - will suddenly become
less desireable due to the price differences.

Several entrepreneurs have already placed large orders (100+) for some
of these small jets (Eclipse, Saffire, etc.) in full anticipation of
offering air taxi services from small airports that are not served by
airlines.

Marketed right, this could completely change public perception of
private flying. It may be in reach for more of the masses if priced
right. Forget the big airports. Just call your airtaxi and share a
flight with a few others to Florida, Vegas, New York, etc. The cost
per person and time flexibility just might make it worth it.