Old April 22nd 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default tailwheel endorsement

The student solo endorsement is for the specific make and
model, which may be a tailwheel [conventional] airplane.
But just to be on the safe side, as part of the long list of
endorsements required by FAR 61.31, I would make the 61.31
entry and any other that applied, such as complex, high
performance or high altitude. A few lines of hand written
text and a signature don't take much time or cost very much
and could save a lot of questions later.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Jose" wrote in message
om...
| If a student pilot takes all his training in a tailwheel
aircraft
| (including solo), but takes his flight test in a
nosedragger, does the
| newly minted private pilot need a separate tailwheel
endorsement?