Old February 14th 13, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default Turn coordinator? How dare they!

On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:26:31 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:50:37 AM UTC-5, AGL wrote:

since you "don't do competition", how do you know? . . . by helping at contests.

The people I've enjoyed at contests are one of the biggest reasons why I've been flying contests for the last 36 years.

I've encountered many more of the A*** types on RAS in the last year than in all the contests I've flown.

Obviously a different experience

UH

Hank,

I enjoyed flying the R8 contest last year. I enjoyed hanging out and flying with the folks I met, it was a lot of fun.

I choose not to spend the dwindling time or finances available to me on contests, not because I am an asshole, but because I choose other aspects of soaring to participate in.

Brad