Old October 11th 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
flybynightkarmarepair

Default Mil-Spec and Mil-Spec kit?

Michael Horowitz wrote:
Second, I see offers for "Mil-Spec TT-P-1757 kit". What would the
'kit' consist of? - Mike

Some of those primers are two-packs - the Wash Primers have an acid
component that gets mixed with the resin and pigment; others are epoxy
or urethane based. A "kit" is all the components needed for a
particular type of primer.

As for me, I use a self-etching primer from NAPA that comes in a rattle
can unless I'm feeling obsessive. Then I've got some Stits Epoxy
Primer I bought years ago to mix and shoot. The pros who I thought
were going to shoot the Stits hated the stuff; they liked the Sterling
two-pack primers better, and so I bought what they were willing to
shoot.

Don't obsess about this stuff. You're probably not building an Navy
fighter that's going to spend a lot of it's life soaked in salt spray.