Old October 21st 04, 04:32 PM
Anonymous

Is there a video you watched him doing this? Where can I see this feat?

"Jay Beckman" wrote in message
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
ink.net...

SNIP

A three dimensional roll (barrel roll) is possible for a big jet, and

has
been done, even in the prototype 707. You are right about keeping the g
positive all the way around. Both myself and several other demonstration
pilots at one time or another have barreled airplanes with a glass of
water on the instrument glare shield. I have done it in a D18 Twin Beech
several times and Bob Hoover has done it in a Shrike Commander......many
times. :-)

Hi Mr. H,

I didn't realize you'd performed this feat as well...too cool!

Me, I have trouble sometimes just taking a sip of water from a squeeze
bottle on cross country flights LOL.

I recall seeing film of Mr. Hoover doing this with a golf ball hanging off
the overhead and while POURING a glass of water from a pitcher.

Not a drop of water gets spilled and golf ball never moves (the string is
ram-rod straight) while the horizon is seen through the windscreen

revolving
through 360 degrees !!

Amazing control...

Regards,