Old August 10th 03, 12:16 AM
RM

Yeah -- for some bizarre reason, the guy who sold me the ICOM said that
Duracell brand alkaline batteries were just a tad too long to fit in the
ICOM battery box properly.

Here's what Icom wrote to me after I asked them about this issue.

Thank you for contacting ICOM Technical Support.

This is normal for this unit. The nicad battery pack gives a higher
voltage.

And here's what I originally wrote to them:

I recently purchased an Icom A5 Sport radio. It seems to generally
work, but the low battery indicator stays on all the time and
flashes indicating a severely depleted battery when I transmit.

I have installed new batteries and it still does this.

Is this considered normal?