Old August 3rd 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Kyle Boatright

Default Epic vs Kestrel

In today's ANN, one of the stories is about the Kestrel, a 6 place turboprop
which a British company hopes to certify.

Is this essentially the same aircraft as the Epic LT homebuilt, a 6 place
turboprop "kit" which has to be assembled onsite at the kit manufacturers
facility in the kit manufacturer's jigs? This is the one where the first
"customer built" example was initially denied its registration due to not
complying with the 51% rule. I'd love to hear the backstory on how the
owner eventually got the aircraft signed off...

I'm about 98% certain these are more or less the same aircraft. They look
alike, the mission is the same, and both are built in Bend, Oregon.

KB