Old June 10th 04, 09:54 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Marty from Sunny Florida" wrote in message
Hello everyone. I'm continuing my quest to buy the best deal in America
today.

Another option I've looked at is purchasing a low price Cessna with an
engine that's past it's recommended time between major overhaul. Some of

the
sellers I've spoken with are insistent that recomended times aren't
important, it's the condition of the engine that matters (ie. not making
metal).

I'd like some feedback from people who've purchased aircraft with high

time
engines. What should I expect, and what precautions can be taken to keep a
high time engine flying (with the plane attached).

Just so you have the right perspective about TBO...

The Savvy Aviator #4: Debunking TBO
http://www.avweb.com/news/columns/187037-1.html