Old October 17th 03, 09:31 PM
ANDREW ROBERT BREEN

In article ,
Kevin Brooks wrote:
I am much more impressed by the Chinese effort to compete in the
commercial launch business than I am in this
reminiscent-of-the-early-sixties propoganda ploy.If they were really
interested in scientific advances, they would continue with their
launch business and join the ISS effort, instead of repeating the
feats of others forty years after the fact.

Eh? You mentioned "scientific advances" and "ISS" in the same sentence.
I'm not entirely sure I see any relationship between scientific advances
and Fredovitch.

OTOH, China is launching Double Star as a joint mission with ESA
in the fairly near future as an add-on/follow-on to Cluster II, and
that is a mission which should provide significant scientific gain.

OTOH#2, Long March looks to be shaping up to being one of the more
useful launchers, possibly trailing only Vostok and Proton.

--
Andy Breen ~ Interplanetary Scintillation Research Group
http://users.aber.ac.uk/azb/