Old May 19th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune

Default Sen Kennedy learns value of local airport,... hopefully.

On May 17, 3:17*pm, romeomike wrote:
Mike Isaksen wrote:
I hope the Senator fully recovers from this event. And I hope he
becomes a fervent supporter of small municipal and community
airports nationwide, in light of how important Barnstable Airport
has proven to be for him!

Yeah, so follow up with a nice properly worded letter to that effect,
sent to the Senator.

Yes, thank him for the fact that the immense taxpayer subsidies
exist. You know, the 95% of capital improvements borne by commercial
aviation ticket taxes and by general taxpayer dollars, with only a
2.5% local share and 2.5% (also a subsidy) state share. Then add in
the normal operating subsidies that participating local airports get.

Lets hope McCain cleans up this outrageous mess. He knows about how
disingenous Boyer is from prior dealings with the retired TV
executive, whos rantings sound more and more pathetic by the day.