Old August 31st 10, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TDixon

Default Soaring experience at Driggs, ID with Teton Aviation

After the fatality on the Grand a few years back and a change in
ownership/management of this FBO visiting soaring pilots went to the
bottom of the economic priority. If there is anything that will bring
in higher revenues, be it hard or soft currency, then those will be
accommodated first. In years past this was a good place to visit. We
were allowed to take gliders on the taxi with cars as long as we had
checkered flags or flashing lights. Yes, we did have to work around
their ride business but they attempted to get us up as fast as
possible recognizing that our tows would usually be less than half or
even a quarter of their rides. The general feeling was one of
accommodation not like now where it is very evident that it is a
pain... That is what happens when one spends big bucks on
infrastructure, capital improvements and the primary business is
personal jets which usually spend big bucks each time they land.

Tom

IDAHO

Oh, years ago they were a SSA business member.....